Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Review of the Panasonic NN-SD377S 0.8 Cubic Ft 800 Watt Stainless Steel Microwave Oven

I recently tried the Panasonic NN-SD377S 0.8 cubic foot, 800 watt stainless steel microwave oven for a period of four weeks. I did this so that I could provide a detailed review to anyone considering buying this model. I normally put away my usual microwave oven during a test period, but this Panasonic is a compact model and not meant to take the place of a full-sized unit. Instead, I put this microwave oven into an upstairs room to supplement our family's normal microwave, not replace it. Here is my review.

This model is an inexpensive, compact unit that will cost you just under $100. Expectations should be formed accordingly. I unpacked my new Panasonic NN-Sd377S microwave oven from the box and examined it. It has a heavy, well-constructed overall feel to it. It looks very sleek and modern, with the main finish being stainless steel accented with black. There is a control dial rather than a number keypad. I would have expected that to lend an old-fashioned feel to the overall appearance, but it does not. It is a bit on the small side, not nearly as large as I am accustomed to having in my kitchen. There is a rotating turntable, something very useful that is not always found on compact models. Overall, this microwave oven is very stylish and esthetically pleasing; I think it would look great in any kitchen or office.
I plugged in my new Panasonic microwave oven and noticed something strange. The cord does not come out of the back, unlike most appliances I have used. Instead the cord is located on the right side of the unit, about 2 inches from the front. This would mean running the cord across the countertop in most situations. I had an open space in the corner of my office, with an outlet on the wall to the right. This is where I decided to put the Panasonic microwave oven, as it didn't make the cord placement awkward for me. But this is something to keep in mind if you have a specific place in mind for your new microwave oven.
We make a lot of popcorn in our home; that is probably what we used this Panasonic microwave for most often. We were very pleased with the results, for the most part. The popcorn was usually popped well, with very few unpopped kernels and no burnt ones. The only complaint is that sometimes larger popcorn bags tend to get stuck and not rotate too well. This problem seems to be remedied by making sure the bag is absolutely centered on the turntable, but if you don't do that you are likely to get some burnt kernels.
This unit works very well for small, one person frozen meals. I also loved using it to steam vegetables while a main meal was in my full-sized microwave oven. I was surprised by how much my entire family, including myself, loved the control dial instead of the normal keypad. Sometimes something old-fashioned and simple is just better.


http://bakingreview.com/cuisinart-tob-260n-chefs-toaster-convection-oven-silver/

No comments:

Post a Comment